TECHNICAL COOKIES POLICY
Below we transparently inform you about the operation on this website (hereinafter “Site”) of so-called cookies.
Cookies are short text fragments (letters and/or numbers) that allow the web server to store on the client (the browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera…) information to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the individual browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, transparent GIFs, and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information about user behavior and use of services.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive nor transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies may be delegated to other technologies. The term ‘cookies’ is intended to refer to cookies and all similar technologies.
Strictly necessary technical cookies. These are cookies that are indispensable for the proper functioning of a website and are used to manage various services related to websites (such as a login or access to reserved functions on the sites). The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the working session or they can make use of a longer dwell time in order to remember the visitor’s choices. Disabling strictly necessary cookies may affect the user and browsing experience of the website.
Analytics and performance cookies. These are cookies used to anonymously collect and analyze website traffic and usage. These cookies, while not identifying the user, allow, for example, detection of whether the same user returns to log on at different times. They also make it possible to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. Deactivation of such cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality and will be discussed in detail later.
Profiling cookies (not operational on this Site). These are persistent cookies used to identify (anonymously and non-anonymously) your preferences and improve your browsing experience. For more information about these cookies that are not used by the Web Site, please visit the appropriate section at www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
Purposes of processing and purposes of technical session cookies
- authentication cookies, used for the purpose of authenticated services, lasting one session;
- user-centered security cookies, used to detect authentication abuse, for a limited persistent duration;
- session cookies for media players, such as “flash” player cookies, lasting one session;
- session cookies for load balancing, lasting one session;
- persistent cookies for user interface customization, lasting one session (or slightly more);
- cookies for sharing content via third-party social plug-ins, for logged-in members of a social network.
The Data Controller therefore informs that only technical cookies (such as those listed above) necessary to navigate within the Site are operational on the Site as they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention and allow, for example: to identify whether the user has regularly accessed areas of the site that require prior authentication or user validation and session management related to the various services and applications or data storage for secure mode access or fraud control and prevention functions.
For maximum transparency, a number of technical cookies and instances of specific operation on the Site are listed below:
- cookies implanted in the terminal of the user/contractor directly (which will not be used for further purposes) such as session cookies used to “fill the cart” in online bookings on the Site, authentication cookies, cookies for multimedia content such as flash player that do not exceed the duration of the session, customization cookies (e.g., for the choice of navigation language, recall ID and full password with the typing of the first characters, etc.);
- cookies used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the site (so-called “analytics” cookies) that pursue exclusively statistical purposes (and not also profiling or marketing) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of tracing the identification of the individual user. In these cases, since the regulations in force prescribe that for analytics cookies the interested party must be provided with a clear and adequate indication of the simple ways to oppose (opt-out) their implantation (including any mechanisms for anonymizing the cookies themselves), we specify that it is possible to proceed to deactivate analytics cookies as follows: open your browser, select the settings menu , click on internet options, open the tab relating to privacy and choose the desired level of cookie blocking. If you want to delete the cookies already saved in memory, simply open the security tab and delete the history by checking the “delete cookies” box.